Koprivnica was named after a stream Koprivnica mentioned in the charters of Croato-Hungarian King Andrew II. Arpad from the 1207., 1209. and 1217. The settlement was first mentioned in 1272. in the grant of 10-years old prince Ladislav IV Kumanec to Bakaler, the commander and the knight of the Koprivnica fortress.
At the time of Mayor Josip Vargović between 1906 and 1913 . the process of industrial development of the city begins. The factory of chemical products Danica d.d. was built.Its business strongly influenced the dynamics and the structure of the economy of the city until 1930s.
In the second half of the century, the growth and development of the town and the Drava region was dominated by Podravka, food processing industry. It is currently an international of high reputation.
Советы для досуга Koprivnica
Zrinski trg 1, HR-48000 Koprivnica
- +385 048 279 555
- +385 048 279 543